Entry deadline for California 4-H team for the 4-H Shooting Sports National Championship
Date: October 1, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: John Borba, email@example.com
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Apply to represent California 4-H in the
4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
June 23 – June 28, 2019
Grand Island, NE
Online applications are now being accepted for the 2019 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Application Deadline: Applications are due online by October 1, 2018.
The application and a list of expectations of potential California 4-H members wishing to participate in the event can be found at: https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=25086
Basic Requirements for Application (all must be met):
- Must be a minimum of 14 years of age before January 1 of the year of the National Invitational, (according to National 4-H Invitational Rules),
- Must not have reached 19 years of age before January 1 of the year of the National Invitational (according to National 4-H Invitational Rules),
- Must be an actively enrolled member of California 4-H via 4hOnline for the current 2018-2019 4-H year at time of application,
- Must be an active member of a club or county-level California 4-H Shooting Sports project and be coached by a certified 4-H project leader in each discipline (archery compound, archery re-curve, air pistol, air rifle, hunting, muzzle loading, shotgun, small bore pistol, small bore rifle) in which application is made,
- Must have proficiency with the basic firearm type used in the team(s) of choice and have participated in competitions using that firearm type,
- Proficiency in a firearm type is documented by providing information on participation in the project and in competitions within the past three years (2016-2018),
- Applicants may participate in only one National Invitational team/discipline per year,
- Applicants may be selected for only one National Invitational team/discipline per year even as an alternate,
- Applicants may attend the National Invitational multiple years, but may not repeat a discipline,
- Selection requires you to participate in the mandatory California Team Rendezvous, date and location to be determined. This is an event designed to gather team members and coaches to begin developing as a discipline team and as the California Team.
After October 1st, a panel composed of members from the State 4-H Shooting Sports Advisory Committee reviews the applications and makes the selections of those who will attend the event. Applicants are notified if they have been selected by the end of October. Applications are due months in advance of the event to allow individuals or teams the opportunity to fundraise and help defray travel costs.
For more information
Information regarding the 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships can be found at: http://www.4-hshootingsports.org/nat_invite.php See the Event Information link for more details.