To participate as an Adult Volunteer Leader in the Ventura County 4-H program,
- Contact the club leader to discuss your project interest(s) and the clubs needs.
- Follow club enrollment procedures to complete online enrollment – this process must be completed each year for returning volunteers.
- New volunteers must also complete a certification program which includes;
- attend a New Leader Orientation / Training session,
- complete a 4-H Live Scan form and arrange for fingerprinting with an approved Live Scan site to submit fingerprints to the DOJ, (NOTE: If you’ve been fingerprinted for other programs or employment; you will have to submit new fingerprinting for 4-H as the Dept. of Justice does not provide the information to other agencies or employment.)
- receive fingerprint clearance from the DOJ.
- receive the County Director approval
To participate as a Community Club Leader, Co-Community Club Leader, Assistant Club Leader, one additional step is included to the above list. The volunteer will meet with the County 4-H Advisor and/or County Director regarding the Club Leader roles.
Please note that volunteer leader appointments are for the current program year. To be re-appointed, returning 4-H leaders must complete the required online enrollment process, complete the required forms and receive County Director approval each year. Club leaders / enrollment specialists must submit the annual paperwork to the 4-H Office by the due date established by the 4-H Office. Returning leaders may not hold project meetings until their annual volunteer application is approved by the 4-H Office.
Please note that returning 4-H volunteers must complete the required re-enrollment materials and procedures each year. Club Leaders / Enrollment Specialists must submit the re-enrollment materials to the 4-H Office by the due date established by the 4-H Office.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH VOLUNTEER IS REQUIRED TO PAY THEIR ENROLLMENT FEES TO THEIR CLUB LEADER / ENROLLMENT PERSON AT THE TIME THEY TURN IN THEIR ENROLLMENT PAPERWORK (YOU MUST HAVE FIRST ENROLLED ON-LINE AND RECEIVED A STATUS READING OF “PENDING”).
IF A VOLUNTEER LATER DECIDES THEY DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN 4-H, THEY MUST COMPLETE THE “Drop from 4-H Request (Word format, PDF format) FORM” AND SUBMIT IT TO THEIR CLUB LEADER.
ONCE A VOLUNTEER HAS A STATUS OF “ACTIVE” IN THE 4HONLINE SYSTEM, THEIR ENROLLMENT FEES CANNOT BE REFUNDED: Clubs may only refund enrollment fees if they have not submitted and the office has not processed and activated the enrollments. ONCE A VOLUNTEER HAS A STATUS OF “ACTIVE”, THE STATE OFFICE CHARGES THE COUNTY OFFICE FOR THAT VOLUNTEER.