All Stars and Jr. All Stars
Ventura County 4-H All-Star Applications Due May 1, Yearly
All-Star is the highest attainable county 4-H rank. Each year, Ventura County, as well as other California counties, selects deserving 4-H members who have applied to become All-Stars.
The minimum requirements of an All-Star candidate are:
- Currently enrolled 4-H member, in good standing with his/her club.
- 14 years of age by January 1 of the year they are selected.
- Has earned a Gold or Emerald Star rank.
- Strong interest in working with the All-Star team, leaders, and members at club and county levels on programs, activities, and events.
- Specific ideas about ways to give guidance and leadership to some phase of the 4-H program.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, citizenship concern, and maturity of judgment.
- Recognizes the opportunities and responsibilities of being selected a 4-H All-Star and is receptive to new ideas and challenges.
- Accomplished significant contribution to the maintenance or expansion of the 4-H program in the county.
- Recognizes that there is a significant time commitment that comes along with being an All-Star, which includes attending county events, meetings, and representing 4-H in other ways throughout the two year program.