Please be aware that Presentations information, forms and links and currently being updated. Look for an announcement in CloverLines when this page is updated
Preliminary Presentation Day is an opportunity to give your Demonstration, Illustrated Talk, Prepared Reading or Speech to judges who will give you valuable suggestions to improve your Presentation. Attending the Preliminary Presentation day is not required, but highly recommended to give you practice and a critique before County Presentation Day.
Ideas, Planning, Preparation and Tips
Kindergarten certainly holds its share of knowledge nuggets, but don’t underestimate the wisdom gained by giving and becoming proficient at presenting a demonstration.
- Share what you love and you’ll love it even more.
- You don’t have to know the answer, just be committed to finding it.
- Simple is usually best.
- Restating the question buys you time.
- Props are cool.
- Start with an idea, any idea.
- Practice to get better.
- Enunciation is the hardest word you’ll ever have to say.
- Friends make the best partners.
- There is always a begining, a middle and an end.
- Getting peoples attention can be fun.
- 7 minutes really isn’t that long.
- Butterflies can fly in formation with enough practice.
- Talking is something I already know how to do.
- Smiling makes everybody feel better.
Think about your demonstration, illustrated talk or speech topic. Here are a few online resources to make the process as easy as it is fun and educational.
- 4-H Presentations; A Guide for 4-H Members
- Demonstration and Illustrated Talk Ideas
- Group Activity for Demonstration Preparation
- Planning Checklist
- Slide/Video Presentation & Prepared Reading Information
- Ventura County 4-H Presentations General Information
- Ventura County Presentation and Share the Fun Guidelines