UC Cooperative Extension Ventura County
669 County Square Dr. Suite 100
Ventura CA 93003
Our offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our team is telecommuting from home. We are available via phone and email.
Click here for our office directory: Contact/Staff Info
COVID-19: UCCE Ventura Operations Information
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 virus spread, the UCCE Ventura County office and Hansen Agricultural REC will be closed from March 18, 2020 until further notice in accordance with UC guidelines and the Ventura County Stay Well at Home order. UC academics and staff will continue to work remotely during normal business hours.
All UC ANR-hosted meetings/events scheduled through July 2020 have been canceled, postponed or will be conducted via Zoom. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds and will update the website with any changes. If you have questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for understanding and stay well.
Director UCCE Ventura/HAREC
We're in the process of updating our website. Please bear with us while we effect changes that will optimize the user experience. Thank you!
UCCE Ventura County- Blogs
There is culture in agriculture. Mary Lu Arpaia says she spent hours looking at the avocado pictures, along with those of other fruit crops. Persea americana The USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection is one of the most unique collections in the Rare...
Why are avocado roots coarse, but dense, while grass roots are a fine mat? It has long been one of the best kept secrets in the underground world: what determines the variation in form and function of plant roots? An international team of researchers,...
AG Advisors Research and Diagnostics
Fire season is upon us and it's critical to be prepared. Here are some important resources to help you get ready and stay apprised of fire activity in Ventura County.
Here are other resources we recommend:
- Fire in California This is UC ANR's comprehensive fire resources website. This site contains the latest information on fire ecology; wildfire preparation; health and safety in wildfires; wildfire recovery; and more. Useful information for homeowners, land owners and land stewards.
- CA Fire Science Consortium is a network of scientists and managers that strives to increase the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science information.
- LUC Lab at UC-Berkeley researching land and land use change.
- ReadyForWildfire.org CalFire's fire resources website, which provides many valuable resources for preparedness.
- **NEW Wildfire Risk to Communities maps by US Forestry Service
Jul 15, 2020
CropManage Hands-On Webinar - Virtual. Learn to use CropManage to support irrigation and nutrient management decisions and record-keeping.
Sponsor: UC ANR
|CropManage Hands-On Webinar - Virtual||7/15/2020|
|CropManage Hands-On Webinar||7/15/2020|
|Sustainable You! Virtual Summer Camp||7/20/2020|
|Ventura County 4-H Virtual Youth Expo 2020||8/2/2020|