University of California Cooperative Extension Ventura County
669 County Square Drive
Ventura CA 93003
Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The office will be closed for the following holidays:
May 29 - Memorial Day
June 19 - Juneteenth Holiday
July 4 - Independence Day
September 4 - Labor Day
Click here for our office directory: Contact/Staff Info
Master Gardener Program
There are so many reasons to garden! Research indicates that school, home and community garden efforts provide benefits across the board, including
- evidence that children who garden consume more fruits and vegetables;
- improved academic performance;
- reduced food costs for families;
- a healthier environment for communities;
- and improved food-security and nutrition for families, communities and the nation.
These are just a few reasons to garden!
A. James Downer, PhD
Farm Advisor for Horticultural and Plant Pathology and Master Gardener Program Supervisor - U.C. Cooperative Extension, Ventura County